Thursday 10 April 2014

Evaluation Activity 3 FINAL



Full Answer

I think that the most suitable media institution to distribute my media project would have to be PLASTIC Media, a company founded in 2003. They are a less mainstream institution than a company that although does have the same themes as what I have chosen, E.G. VICE. I think that what I have chosen to distribute my media project with will ensure that what I am trying to sell it appropriately sold to those that would benefit and will attract an audience who are interested in both the indie/pop music genre.

A publishing company gives independent magazine companies an opportunity to produce their projects and distribute them to a wide audience, giving them a chance to adapt their target markets and advertise what they have to sell. Publishing includes the stages of the development which includes graphic design, production and printing.

PLASTIC Media create and produce magazines, look books and catalogues for various clients, from international brands and companies to independent designers. I think that this is a publication to consider due to the fact that I am trying to put a unique selling point out into my chosen genre, so I think it would be appropriate to use a publication that helps out less mainstream companies such as INDIE magazine. I think that it would have a lot of success with connecting with the social media society due to the fact that it already has distributed more than two successful magazines that have connections with the web and that they would do the same for my media project.

I think that although PLASTIC Media isn't particularly well known, I think that it can live up to the potential that a company of higher understanding and popularity has. They already have connections with INDIE magazine which is deemed popular to my target market and spreads further with people that are interested in high-end fashion and discovering new upcoming music. Saying this, the institution works with them to connect with the female audience, which is a factor of the people I am trying to attract into reading my media publication.

Also, I think that PLASTIC Media have the type of technological knowledge to adapt their publication by making the issues more digital so that it connects with the social aspect of attracting new readers. This can be from selling issues on stores such as iTunes. This gives viewers to ‘subscribe’ to us and instantly receive new updates so that we are not forgotten about. This opportunity is able to expand the genre that I am trying to grab the attention of the reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment