Friday 17 January 2014

Language Register

  • The type of language register that I need to create for my magazine needs to be quite sophisticated due to the fact that I am basing it on an Indie/Pop genre, using pastel colours and having a female model, and basing it predominately on the Female audience. The way in which the tone needs to be represented is with class and as formally as possible. 
  • I need to keep a sense of femininity throughout my magazine so I can engage that type of audience, this is more based towards my double-page spread. It is most like someone would want to read an article if the language is correctly used and it is engaging. I will try to connect in a way which will suit the Female audience due to the fact that I am Female myself. 
  • I think that by keeping it as formal as possible instead of something humorous or something non-related to the genre I am basing my magazine on, is because Females like that sort of thing when compared to Males, I think they enjoy something or more informality, darker colours used and something that can connect them to it. Although that some Males do listen to Female artists, if I keep the feminine theme, I don't think it would attract that sort of audience, this is why I have to be consistent and use the right language when needed.
Examples: 
Fashion:

ASOS Magazine Analysis: Predominately a global online fashion and beauty store, aimed at 18-34 year old females and males, they sell both branded fashion goods and its own range of clothes. Their magazine features clothes from their store, a good way of advertising the clothes that they sell to the required age range. 


COMPANY Magazine Analysis: Uses the use of fashion, beauty and teen culture to attract their audience of primarily teenagers. They usually feature celebrities on their covers that they would think people would enjoy reading article's about, and the way that they incorporate the graphics side to their covers and inside contents, using different typography (hand-writing like), making a lot more personal to their readers. 

ELLE Magazine Analysis: A female, worldwide lifestyle magazine focusing on fashion, beauty and health. 
Music: 

1 comment:

  1. Try and include examples from the magazines you have analysed.

    ReplyDelete